At Magdalen Gates, we recognise that some of our pupils care in a range of ways for somebody important to them.
Our Young Carers group, known as the Care Rangers has developed and grown over the past two years and is very much shaped by the children’s own ideas.
Here are some of the things we do:
- Picnics in the park.
- Trips to the theatre/cinema.
- Visits to the local cafe.
- Running stalls at the Christmas fair.
- Making smoothies, pizzas and cake decorating.
- ‘Transition to high school’ and ‘Independence skills’ workshops (specifically year 6).
We were the very first primary school in Norfolk to win the NYCF Young Carers Friendly Tick Award!
If you would like to know more about the Care Rangers and what makes somebody a young carer, please visit out notice board in school to find out more or contact one of the Care Ranger staff members.