Liz Earnshaw is our Parent Support Advisor and is based at Magdalen Gates on a Monday and Wednesday and is available to support all families on a friendly and informal basis. Please look out for Liz in the playground or make an appointment with her for a friendly and informal chat by contacting her on 07584131367 or 01603 622675 (during school hours and school term time only).
Can We Help You?
Do you get any of these benefits?
- Income Support
- Employment Support Allowance (income related)
- Income-based Job Seekers allowance
- Universal Credit
- support under Part Vi of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Child Tax Credit or State Pension Credit but not Working Tax Credit (family income £16,190 or less)
If so, you could have the right to Free School Meals & the Pupil Premium benefits that go with this!
What will I get with Free School Meals & Pupil Premium?
- free school meals (packed / hot)
- free Breakfast Club
- free Sports Club
- free residential stays / school trips
- free After School Clubs
- free transport to school activities / trips
- free music lessons & instrument hire
- help with learning
Good to Know
You don’t need to give proof of benefits with your application. They will automatically check official records (DWP, HMRC & Home Office) & ask you for further information if they need it.
You will then get Free School Meals until you don’t qualify any more & Pupil Premium benefits for up to 6 years after that. You are, of course, expected to inform Norfolk County Council of any changes though, & they will check as well.
How do I apply?
You can call the school office on: 01603 622675 or download the application form here:
What if I don’t know what benefits I’m entitled to?
You can do a quick check on one of the approved benefits calculator sites recommended on the Government benefits calculator web page: